- Hello Everyone! My name is Krista and I am the Graduate Advisor – Leadership and a member of the AMPED exec team! I’m so excited to help bring you all this amazing conference, and I hope that it helps to build on your strengths, embrace your weaknesses and further establish your networks in residence! A little bit about me…I’m currently in my first year of my Master of Public Health at U of T, and I completed my undergrad at the University of Waterloo in 2011. I love to travel and learn about new cultures. From 2011-2012 I was living in Uganda, teaching kids about health and hygiene! I’m addicted to tea, follow every tv show possible and Fresh is one of my fav restaurants in Toronto!
Can’t wait to meet you all!
- Hello hello!! 🙂 I’m Aashna, a 2nd year Arts and Contemporary Studies student. I moved to Toronto last year from India to attend Ryerson University. I love to travel the world and interact with new people and cultures. And my summers are usually spent in either my gorgeous home country, or in one foreign land or another. My favorite color is aqua and I have a shoe obsession!
Can’t wait to meet y’all at AMPED!!! 🙂
- Greeting and salutations, my name is Daniel Gosson and I am a 4th year Early Childhood Studies student and the Academic Link for the Faculty of Community Services. I’ve been helping prepare for AMPED by putting together this lovely blog. When I’m not blogging, I can be found doing grad school applications, playing the ukulele, singing with children, and shooting zombies on the Xbox (but never all four at the same time).
- Graeme Klim is the AL for Engineering and Architectural Science. In his 3rd year of Aerospace Engineering he has had the fortune to live and work in Residence for 3 years. He is an Alumni (2012) of the Sigma Chi Horizons Leadership program, a program that takes an undergraduate with a desire to be a strong leader and give them the tools and confidence to be successful as a leader and as a solid member of society. Graeme has a passion for teaching others and hopes to one day become an Astronaut..
- I’m Hannah Van Dyk, the Pit 14 RA. Bleeding blue and gold since 2011. I live off of Coca Cola and smiles. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.” – Marianne Wilson.
- My name is Heather and I’m one of the Executive Staff for AMPED! I’m a third year Social work student with a passion for cats, moustaches and sushi! All three things are paths to my heart. Something you might not know about me is I love traveling and going to concerts! This is my fourth year working in residence and I think this is one of the best leadership opportunities available to first year students. Can’t wait to see you at AMPED!
- Hey, Jess here! I’m currently in my second year at Ryerson, my second year in residence, and my second year studying Graphic Communications Management. Things I love include travel, thinking, people, maple syrup, Toronto, and being different. One of my life goals is to travel in India, Nepal, China and Japan for more than six months with just a backpack. I like to challenge myself to think differently, act differently, and try different things on a regular basis. Amped is a great way to do all of these things, which is one of the reasons why I find myself here!
- My name is Karina Maynard and I am a fourth year arts and contemporary studies student. One of my most exciting yet challenging goals that I am working on right now is learning French. I’m always looking for ways to practice so if you are too let me know!
- My name is Maria Kolenikova, I am a 3rd year business management student and I have lived and worked in residence for 2 and a half years now. Even though I was very involved during my high school career, when I moved to the big city, I could never imagine how much it could teach me about myself as a person and as a leader.
- Hello! I’m Niyati! I am a fourth-year Arts and Contemporary student and I have been an Academic Link in residence for the past three years. The atmosphere fostered here where students can grow, learn about themselves and each other at this transition point in their lives is what brings her back every year. This has made being a student leader not a job, but a way of life. I thrive on great company, spicy food, wandering around on lively streets, and long conversations on random things.
- My name is Thomas Pyper, I am the RA of ILLC 4 and I am in second year Graphic Communication Management. When I’m not in school, I like to watch sports, including baseball, hockey and CFL football. I also enjoy watching movies and TV shows. I attended the Amped conference last year and had a blast!!!